- Prof. AlRegib to present a talk titled “Successful Leveraging of Human Visual System Modeling and Machine Learning in Computational Seismic Interpretation” in an upcoming SPE webinar. Click here to register.
- The CeGP team presented 8 abstracts at the SEG 87th Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.
- The CeGP team presented 8 abstracts at the 79th EAGE conference and Exhibition in Paris, France.
- Georgia Tech has hosted the 6th CeGP workshop. Click here for details.
- Georgia Tech President Participated in the 20th International Advisory Board (IAB) of KFUPM on 3rd October 2016.
- The 5th CeGP workshop took place on March 26-28, 2016 in KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Dr. Steven McLaughlin and Dr. Douglas Williams visited KFUPM.
- Georgia Tech President Participated in the International Advisory Board (IAB) of KFUPM on 22nd March 2016.
- CeGP team presented 3 papers at SEG 85th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Dr. Omar Al-Swailem visits Georgia Tech.
- Dr. Ali Muqaibel Spent Summer 2015 at Georgia Tech.
- The 4th CeGP workshop took place on Mar. 23-26, 2015 in Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA.
- CeGP had a booth at the IEEE GlobalSIP Conference in Atlanta between December 3-5, 2014.
The Center for Energy and Geo Processing (CeGP) is a partnership between the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology and the Department of Electrical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum and minerals (KFUPM). The collaboration focuses on research in the areas of signal processing, seismic data processing, and applying modern signal processing to energy-related data. In addition, the Center focuses on education projects that lead to developing curriculum and new learning methodologies.
Our mission is to create innovative research practices and entrepreneurship-based education in the area of digital processing of geo signals and energy data.
Our vision is to use research and education to establish practices of successful collaboration across cultures with the goal of benefiting humanity.