- Georgia Tech's President, Dr. Bud Peterson, participated in the KFUPM International Advisory board (IAB) meeting in Dhahran between February 8-10, 2015.
- CeGP had a booth at the IEEE GlobalSIP Conference in Atlanta between December 3-5, 2014.
- Dr. Tamir Hegazy and Zhen Wang presented their work on the SEG annual meeting on Oct. 26-31, 2014, in Denver, CO.
- Prof. AlRegib presented the work related to fault tracking at ICIP on Oct. 27-30, 2014, in Paris, France.
- The 3rd CeGP workshop took place on Oct. 19-21, 2014 in KFUPM, Dhahran, KSA.
- Electrical Engineering,
Civil Engineering, and Chemical Engineering Departments of KFUPM seek applicants for
postdoctoral and Assistant Professor positions.
- Dr. Ali AlShaikhi spent half a day on May 6, 2014 at CeGP listening to postdocs and graduate students as they presented CeGP research and posters.
For more about the CeGP news and events, please refer to our News & Events page.
The Center for Energy and Geo Processing (CeGP) is a partnership between the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology and the Department of Electrical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum and minerals (KFUPM). The collaboration focuses on research in the areas of signal processing, seismic data processing, and applying modern signal processing to energy-related data. In addition, the Center focuses on education projects that lead to developing curriculum and new learning methodologies.
Our mission is to create innovative research practices and entrepreneurship-based education in the area of digital processing of geo signals and energy data.
Our vision is to use research and education to establish practices of successful collaboration across cultures with the goal of benefiting humanity.